The Oloroka massif standing at 2048m above sea level at its highest (olesekut summit), is one of two mountains flanking the little town of Oltepesi, also known by the locals as Tinga sitting on the floor of the Great Rift Valley at 1000m above sea level.
We approach Oloroka from the south west ridge towards Magadi and hike across to the Ole Sekut Summit and down the normal route.
The hike starts with a road trek to the base of the hill after which we start the steep climb up.The terrain is mostly rocky and a bit steep, with long grass in the upper areas making it adventurous. As you get higher up, views of the surrounding landscape and the distant hills in all directions are breathtaking. Some interesting plants also seem to thrive at these heights despite the dry conditions on the mountain.
Moderate Trail and Mauano Trail options available.
1. Proper Comfortable hiking boots with good grip
2. Rain Coat
3. Powerful Whistle
4. Emergency Safety kit (Evacuation card, personal first aid items, matchbox)
5. Water (At least 3 litres)
6. Mkeka hat or sun screen
7. Jacket : Its Windy & cold sometimes
9. Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the hike
10. Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
PS: Maasai walking sticks available on prior order.
Citizen: KES 2,950 per person
Residents: KES 3,500 Per Person
• Hot meal after the hike
• Community fees
• Guides and staff fees
• Round Transport to and from Nairobi CBD
• Tips for guides and service staff
• Personal items as in “C” above
• Medical costs, Insurance
For ONLINE Bookings and Payments via Mpesa/Card click HERE
For OFFLINE payments use MPESA Paybill option on LIPA Na MPESA
1. Enter Business Number 695596
2. Enter Account Number as Your Name
3. Enter Amount and send.
4. Share Confirmation with +254729995059 or email [email protected] to confirm your bookings .
Disclaimer: Offline Payments without confirmations WILL NOT be Honoured