Chyulu Hills Expedition
Date: 8th – 9th Oct 2022
Chyulu Hills is a chain of green scenic rolling hills on the edge of Tsavo West National Park. The hills are remnants of the same volcanic activity associated with the eruption of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Verdant rolling hills of endless green, great blue skies, and spectacular landscape views are what the Chyulu Hills provide to nature lovers. The trip highlight here is cave exploration. Chyulu Hills has one of the deepest known lava tubes cave in the world. Numerous lava tube caves, collectively known by the local community as Kisula Caves, crisscross the depths of the Chyulu Hills.
Day One: Nairobi – Chyulu
Depart Nairobi early and head down Mombasa Road to turn off at Kibwezi into Chyulu. After park clearance embark on the 18km trip to Kisula Caves. If you haven’t seen caves then you haven’t seen Kisula. The caves are what I would call the size of an inverted underground building. The walk takes 2.1km through levant tubes among the longest in the world being an 11 km tube that is hard to go through.
After the caves, take a short rest and head out to the hills at Satellite to camp for the night. The beauty from the campsite is like none experienced.
Day Two: Chyulu – Nairobi
Wake up in the morning to a bush breakfast set up by our chef. Embark on a trip to explore the hills. The verdant rolling hills are plenty and get on top of satellite first, if it’s in it for you go for the other hill.
Return to camp, enjoy lunch, and break camp to depart for Nairobi in the afternoon. Memories of the beautiful green rolling hills will be with you to stay!
What To Carry:
- Comfortable hiking shoes with good grip/ Trail Running Shoes
- Hiking Pants and Long sleeved top/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sandals or light shoes for traveling back.
- Sleeping Bag / Light Duvet
- Warm Jacket or Fleece
- Shawl for the colder evenings.
- Rain Gear -in case it rains
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Drinks and Refreshments
- Sunhat/ sunscreen/Sunglasses
- Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the trip
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Identification card / Passport
- Comfortable change of clothes
- Any Personal medication
- Tip for crew and guide
Full Package – Kes. 12,500
Self Drive – Kes. 7,000
- Return trip transport
- Meals on safari
- Citizen/Residents Park Entry Fees
- Camping Fees
- Camping Accommodation on per person sharing
- Camping Gear i.e. Tent & Mattresses
- Guiding Fees
- En route Lunches
- Park Entry for Non Residents
- Transport costs for non self drives
- Drinking-Water, Drinks & refreshments
- Sleeping Bag/Light Duvet/Warm Maasai shuka
- Travel and Medical Insurance Expenses
- Personal items as listed above
- Tips For guides
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-chyulu)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: