Eliye Springs Overland Tour
Available Dates: 28th May – 1st June | Any private Dates upon Request
Transport: Overland expedition Truck
Destinations: Turkwell Gorge | Eliye Springs Beach | Saiwa Swamp| Central Island | Lodwar
Day 1: Nairobi – Eldoret – WestPokot
Our trip begins with an early morning departure from Nairobi CBD. We will drive to Eldoret via the scenic Baringo, Kabarnet, Iten road. Leaving the home of champions, we will drive North to Kitale the breadbasket of Kenya before continuing to Marich Pass in West Pokot County. The dramatic mountain vistas on the way and the Turkwell Gorge dam are to die for.
Day 2: Eliye Springs
Today we cross the beautiful Turkana landscape to stop at Lodwar town for lunch. You may tour Christ the Redeemer statue at the top of the hill for a better view of the town before driving to Eliye Springs beach on Lake Turkana for the night.
Day 3: Central Island National Park
On this day we sail out on a Bucketlist signature adventure to the Central Island National park. This volcanic island is located in the middle of Lake Turkana. It contains more than a dozen craters and cones, three of which are filled by small lakes namely Crocodile Lake, Flamingo Lake, and Tilapia Lake. They provide breeding grounds for the world’s largest concentration of Nile crocodiles.
Day 4: Saiwa Swamp National Park
Today, we drive to Saiwa, the smallest National park in Kenya. It is a tranquil and veritable haven for nature lovers. It is the habitat of the rare and endangered semi-aquatic Sitatunga antelope and the rare De Brazza’s monkey. A viewing platform will allow you to enjoy the scenery.
Day 5: Nairobi
Our trip ends today with great memories. After breakfast, we embark on our journey back to Nairobi to arrive early in the evening.
P.S You can opt to fly back to Nairobi from Eldoret
What to Carry
- Shawl for the colder evenings.
- Proper Comfortable Closed outdoor Shoes
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Swimming costume
- Drinking water
- Drinks and Beverages: We have Sundowners so carry adequate drinks to contribute
- Mkeka hat/ sunscreen/ Sunglasses
- Warm Jacket
- Sleeping Bag/Light Duvet/Bedding
- Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies, etc
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Identification card / Passport: Must
- Tips for the guides, crew, and drivers
All-inclusive Package: KES 28,500
- Transport in Overland expedition truck
- Camping Accommodation – (Upgrades available as outlined below)
- Meals on Safari
- Camping Gear(Tents&Matresses)
- Statutory park fees for Residents
- Central Island Tour
- Personal items as listed above
- Select enroute Lunches as per itinerary
- Cultural Village visits
- Park Fees for Non-East African Citizens (USD 80 Extra)
- Excursion to Turkwell Gorge
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Return Flight From Eldoret – Kes. 6,500
- Tips for Guides, Drivers, & Crew
Accommodation Upgrades & Flights
Day 1: Marich Pass
Single Room: KES 2,000
Double Room(2 People): KES 2,800 Per Room
Day 2 & 3: Eliye Springs
Traditional Thatch Manyatta with Bed(Non-Ensuite): KES 1,500 Per Person
Standard Room(Ensuite): KES 5,500 Per Person Per Night
Day 4: Kitale
Unavailable only camping
One Way FLight from Eldoret
Departs: 1030hrs Arrives:1130hrs
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
We have lined up this Adventurous Trip for you. The circuit is inspired by incredible destinations that unveil the beauty of our country such as the Turkwell Gorge, Saiwa Swamp, Central Island, and the thrilling Eliye Springs Beach on Lake Turkana.