Gatango Forest & Falls Hike
Available Date: 4th June 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Moderate 18km
Trekking Time: Approx. 6-7hrs depending on your pace
Experience this leafy paradise in the Aberdares. Chlorophyll shadows the indigenous bamboo forest provides a cool breeze and protects you from direct sunlight as you explore this refreshing trail. Catch a glimpse of the amazing landscapes of Muranga tea farms. Chase after Gatango Falls and take a swim in the cool waters of the waterfall.
The circuit starts at Kihari forest about 6km from the famous Aberdare cottages. We proceed onward into the lush and breathtaking indigenous forest that later clears into a bamboo forest. Finally, we reach the Gatango waterfall and take a much-needed break.
After the break ascend to the top of the waterfall, through the bamboo forest proceed to the Aberdare moorland characterized by low growing vegetation and montane grasslands. From here we get a chance to take a peek at the famous Mt. Kinangop and Elephant hill.
Thereafter descend and embark on our journey back to Nairobi to arrive in the late evening.
What To Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Swimming Costume
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package with Transport – KES 3,650
Self Drive – Kes. 2,350
Ps. Discounts applied to bookings done via the website
Book Now https://bucketlist.co.ke/shop/gatango-falls-hike/
- Citizen/Residents Forest Entry Fees
- Community Forest Association Fees
- Transport for Non self-drives
- Hiking Charges
- Drinking Water
- Guiding Fees
- Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: