Tigoni Tea & Waterfalls Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 2nd October 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: 10 -12 km Short Trail | 18-20 Km Long Trail
Trekking Time: 5 hours | 8 hours
Hike on the Green Tigoni
The Hike takes you through the beautiful tea farms with refreshing air, rolling tea farms, dams, waterfalls, and man-made forests. Tigoni is set at 2,200m above Nairobi and in some places, you can see the green city in the sun shining below. The cool weather makes the destination perfect for hiking tours. A good road network from the city makes it easy to drive on Tarmac road to the start point.
The hike will have both short and long trails available!
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes/trainers with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package – Kes. 2,850
Self-Drive – Kes. 2,150
- Community Entry Fees/parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guide fees
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.