Kimakia Tea & Falls Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 12th June 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Easy to Moderate Trail; 15Km
This trail is located at the boundary of Gatanga in Muranga County with Gatundu North in Kiambu County. The drive to the start point is scenic, winding through the tea fields of Gatura and Kiarutara. Set in the Southern Aberdares forest, the trail starts from an old fishing camp and leads to the forest full of indigenous trees. The trail is well covered providing much-desired shade from the sun. The trail then goes down to a giant Mugumo tree before crossing the Chania River and then following the Ragia river to the double-tier waterfall.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 1,870
Full Package with Transport – KES 3,050
Kids Below 12yrs – 75% of adult rate
Non Residents – Contact our reservations team on 0729 995059
- Forest Entry Fees/parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guide fees
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
This trail is relatively short but very adventurous with multiple river crossings and walking on an unbeaten trail. A walking stick would be ideal to help you wade across the rivers. The trail takes only 4 hours if you start at the water intake point or 6-7hours of you start at the fishing camp.