Lake Chala & Jipe Expedition
24th – 26th December 2021
Ticking Lake Chala & Jipe Off your Bucketlist
Lake Jipe lies astride Kenya and Tanzania border and is teeming with aquatic life and Bird watching. It’s also one of the places in Kenya where you can go for a “game drive” on a boat.
Lake Chala is a deep crater lake on the borders of Tanzania and Kenya on the eastern edge of Mount Kilimanjaro, not far from Lake Jipe. Depending on the time of year, it ranges in color from deep blue to turquoise and green. It is surrounded by a 100 meters high crater rim. The lake is fed by groundwater flows, which come from Mount Kilimanjaro. A rare species of Tilapia is only found here in the whole world.
Day 1: Nairobi – Tsavo West – Lake Jipe
Drive South from Nairobi on Mombasa road to Tsavo West National Park. After the Park clearance, we embark on an afternoon game drive to explore the Park with a visit to the scenic Mzima springs before settling at Lake Jipe for the night.
Day 2: Lake Jipe – Lake Chala – Amboseli
Leave Lake Jipe after breakfast to Lake Chala via the scenic Taita Taveta County. On arrival, swim in the morning sun, do optional boat riding, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the lake before driving to Amboseli National Park. Check-in at our campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Amboseli to Nairobi
Today we begin the day with an early morning game drive. Explore the vast Amboseli Wilderness before returning to the camp for breakfast. Amboseli National Park is famous for its scenery with a backdrop of the snow-capped Mt. Kilimanjaro which dominates the landscape of the plains. Return to the campsite, check out, and embark on your journey back to Nairobi to arrive in the late afternoon
What To Carry:
- Shawl for the colder evenings.
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Proper Comfortable outdoor Shoes
- Swimming costumes
- Drinks and Beverages:
- Sunhat/ sunscreen/Sunglasses
- Warm Jacket
- Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the trip
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Camera/Chargers/Bluetooth speaker/Board Games
- Identification card for the park.
- Tip for crew and guides
- Sleeping Bag
Full Package – Kes. 14,800
Self Drive – Kes. 9,950
- Transport for non Selfdrives
- Full board meals in safari
- 2Nights Camping Accommodation on per person sharing
- All Park Entrance Fees
- Camping Gear ie Tent & Mattresses
- Tsavo East And Amboseli National Park Game Drive
- Lake Jipe and Chala visit
- Guiding Fees
- Enroute Lunches
- Boat rides (Approx kes. 300)
- Drinking-Water, Drinks & refreshments
- Sleeping Bag/Light Duvet/Warm Maasai shuka
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Items of Personal use
- Single Tent Supplement – Kes. 1,000 per night
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Lake Chala)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: