4Days Lake Turkana & Chalbi Tour
Enjoy the Sun, Sand, and Sea in Northern Kenya.
The Northern region of Kenya is vast and scenic. It is the home of a variety of tribes and has remained comparatively inaccessible until now. Ranging from the lush highland green of the southern side of the Mathews range and Samburu National Park to the red sands of the northern borders with Ethiopia in the Chalbi desert, its terrain is varied, mysterious, and extraordinarily beautiful.
Available Dates: 1st – 4th April
Transport: Land Cruiser
Accommodation: Budget Hotels(It’s the rough north)
Day 1: Nairobi to Marsabit
Depart early from Nairobi and drive north past Nanyuki and the beautiful farmlands of Timau to stop for lunch at Isiolo town. After lunch embark on the northern tour with a stopover for photos and sightseeing at Mt. Ololokwe.Upon arrival drive up the mountain to the beautiful lake paradise. Later, proceed to Saku Guest House in Marsabit for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Marsabit – Chalbi Desert – Kalacha Oasis – North Horr
After breakfast embark on crossing the great Chalbi desert. The journey leads you to a beautiful oasis at the edge of the Chalbi desert. The vast landscapes and open desert will amaze you. The crossing with skilled drivers on sand is thrilling. The tour will take you through the Kalacha oasis, a pleasant surprise in the middle of the very arid countryside. Spend the evening in NorthHorr at the edge of the desert. The nights are great for stargazing. It’s the perfect place to find your peace after a long stay in the city.
Day 3: North Horr – Loiyangalani – Ngurunit
Leaving the desert, visit the El Molo Tribe on Lake Turkana Island then drive south to the beautiful 40Km long Ndoto Mountain range. Surrounded by mountains all around is the oasis village of Ngurunit. Here you will find some nice hills to hike and if not some pleasant pools to enjoy and swim in. It is one of the hardest places to leave after staying over. Beautiful tranquil and mind-blowing.
Day 4: Ngurunit – Nairobi
In the morning enjoy breakfast at camp. You may head up for a morning swim at the rock pool. Depart later in the day for Nairobi arriving early in the evening.
What to Carry
- Shawl for the colder evenings.
- Proper Comfortable Closed outdoor Shoes
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Sandals for the camps
- Swimming costume
- Drinks and Beverages: We have Sundowners so carry adequate drinks to contribute
- Mkeka hat/ sunscreen/ Sunglasses
- Warm Jacket
- Enough Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the trip
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Identification card / Passport for the park.
- Tips for the guides, crew, and drivers
All-inclusive Package: KES 30,500
- Meals on Safari
- Transport on 4X4 Land Cruiser
- Accommodation at Budget camps and hotel
- Professional Tour Guide
- Activity Extras: Boat Tour, Cultural Visit (Appx. Ksh 500 – 1,000)
- En-route lunches and drinks at designated stops on the first and last day.
- Personal items as listed above
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Tips for Guides
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
We have lined up this Loiyangalani and Chalbi Tour for you. The Northern region of Kenya is mysterious vast and scenic. From Mathews range to Marsabit National Park to the red sands of the Chalbi Desert to the blue waters of Lake Turkana.