Hike And Camp on Mt. Ololokwe Summit
Available Dates: 25th – 26th Sep 2021 | Any other private date on request
Day 1: Nairobi to Sabache Camp
Depart Nairobi at 0500hrs and drive north past the beautiful farmlands of Timau to Nanyuki town for a shopping stop. We will then embark on the northern tour with a stopover for photos and sightseeing at Mt. Ololokwe viewpoint. Proceed for a short drive to arrive at Sabache camp nestled at the middle of the range surrounded by high peaks. You will arrive at the camp in time for lunch. After lunch, prepare the camping gear and essentials for the porters’ crew to carry up the mountain to the top and start the hike to the peak.
Hike up to the top of the mountain with plenty of stops to take in the beauty. Catch the sunset at the top before enjoying a wild camping experience in a shaded enclave at the top. The hike covers 7km to the top, hence 14km return and takes about 3hrs to complete one way.
Day 2: Sabache Camp to Mt. Ololokwe Hike to Nairobi
In the morning rise up to enjoy the beauty of the sun rising from the top of the mountains. Take photos and enjoy the views of the Gregory rift towards the Namunyaka Conservancy before descending for breakfast and showers at the camp. After freshening up departing for Nairobi to arrive late in the evening.
What to Carry
- Sleeping Bag
- Shawl for the colder evenings.
- Proper hiking shoes
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Sandals for the camps
- Drinks and Beverages: We have Sundowners so carry adequate drinks.
- Sunhat/ Sunscreen/ Sunglasses
- Warm Jacket
- Enough Snacks to last the trip
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items for the hike.
- Identification card / Passport for the park.
- Tips for the guides, crew, and drivers
Citizens – Kes. 15,900
Residents – Kes. 18, 400
Non Residents – Kes. 20,400
- Executive Transport on Safari Bus from Nairobi
- Accommodation in Tents at the Summit on 2 sharing. (Single tent Supplement; Kes.1,500)
- Meals on Tour: Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast
- Namunyak Conservation Park fees
- Namunyaka Conservancy hiking and Community fees
- Camping Logistics at the Top of the mountain
- Porters for Tents, Food, and sleeping bags
- Professional Tour Leader and Guide
- Single tent Supplement; Kes.1,500 per person
- En-route lunches and drinks at designated restaurants.
- Personal items as listed above
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Tips for Guides
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
The Northern region of Kenya is vast and scenic. Mt Ololokwe is one site that paves way for the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises, this trip gives you a chance to climb up the elephant trails and camp at the very top. The views from the southern end of the mountain are to die for with the Mathews Range, Cat & mouse, and surrounding plains clearly visible.