Ndunda Falls Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 31st July 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Moderate 5-6hrs Trail
Camp Ndunda Falls is located in a serene forest barely 20 minutes drive past Embu Town. The camp is located at the edge of Njukiri forest that stretches from Embu across the borders to the neighboring Kirinyaga County. The forest has two rivers; River Kie and Rupingazi crossing through it and hosts a scenic trail of natural trees that offer a refreshing forest hike. The trail will lead through a canopy walk that is made up of strong hardwood and to the waterfalls. The Native forest scenery all around, exotic trees, a meandering river, and natural forest sounds make you feel pumped up and will definitely make the walk worthwhile. The hike takes about 5-6hrs to complete.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 2,250
With Transport – KES 3,500
- Citizens Entrance Fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive & parking fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Entry Fees for Residents / Non-Residents
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
Camp Ndunda Falls is located at the edge of the Njukiri forest. The hike takes you through this indigenous forest with two rivers crossing through it. The Native forest scenery all around, exotic trees, a meandering river, and natural forest sounds make you feel pumped up and will definitely make the walk worthwhile. The hike takes about 5-6hrs to complete.