Ngare Ndare Forest
Available Date: 24th September 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Ngare Ndare Forest is a lush indigenous forest at the foothills of Mt. Kenya. Azure pools glisten at the bottom of waterfalls and 200-year-old trees stretch into the canopy supporting a rich variety of bird and animal life. The forest is a vital corridor that links the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy to Mount Kenya, and one which elephants have been using for centuries.
The hike begins right at the gate with a few stretches before proceeding to the canopy walk which is a 40ft high aerial bridge of wire mesh and cables meandering through the tree canopy extending 450 metres long. Relax on a 30ft high elevated platform. Proceed to a 3.5 km hike through a steep path that leads you to the Ngare Ndare falls, a 15metres high cliff with water flowing down the rock pool surrounded by large trees. Enjoy a cold refreshing swim and if it’s in you go for the Abseil.
What To Carry
- Comfortable shoes/trainers with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 2 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Swimming Costume
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- Change of Clothes
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package with Transport – Kes. 4,700
Self Drive – Kes. 3,400
- Citizen/Residents Forest Entry Fees
- Transport for Non self-drives
- Hiking Charges
- Swimming in the natural pools and canopy walk
- Guiding Fees
- Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: