Oloroka Range Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 3rd July 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Moderate 6hrs
The Oloroka massif standing at 2048m above sea level at its highest (Olesekut summit), is one of two mountains flanking the little town of Oltepesi, also known by the locals as Tinga sitting on the floor of the Great Rift Valley at 1000m above sea level.
(Source Jambo Nairobi)
The hike unlike the usual Ole Sekut summit hike begins with a long road trek to the base of the hill after which we start the steep climb up. The terrain is mostly rocky and a bit steep, with long grass in the upper areas making it adventurous. As you get higher up, views of the surrounding landscape and the distant hills in all directions are breathtaking. Some interesting plants also seem to thrive at these heights despite the dry conditions on the mountain.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 2,250
With Transport – KES 3,500
- Citizens Entrance Fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive & parking fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Entry Fees for Residents / Non-Residents
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
Join this Exciting Expedition with a team of Adventure lovers. Oloroka range offers a moderate day hike experience in the vast Maasai land overlooking the great rift valley. The hike begins with a long road trek to the base of the hill after which we start the steep climb up. The terrain is mostly rocky and a bit steep, with long grass in the upper areas making it adventurous. This hike takes about 6 hours to complete.