Table Mountain To Dragons Satima Traverse
Available Dates: Group joining; 9th October | 6th November, 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: 20Km, Difficult Steep Terrain | 8-9hrs Hike
Altitude: 4000 AMSL
The Northern moorlands of the Aberdares have long been accessed from the Shamata gate in Nyandarua. However, with our recent efforts, we bring you this exciting trail with easy access just off the corridor between Mt. Kipipiri and the Aberdares ridge. The trail starts off on a steep ascent with a bit of tree cover.
The upper reaches lead on to beautiful craggy rock ridges before giving way to moorland famous for the bog or tussock grass. The ridge becomes gradual in the moorland before leading up the last climb to Table Mountain on the upper reaches.
After a short rest and picnic at Table mountain, the trail descends down to the River below and joins the main ridge to Satima. The moorland is amazing at this point with the giant castle on your left. After 2hours of steady walking, you get to Satima the highest point in the Aberdares. After a short photo and rest moment we descend via the amazing dragons teeth outcrop the most scenic section of the Aberdares. Further down are the Nipple and twin rocks before connecting with your transport back to Nairobi.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package – Kes. 3,980
- Citizen Park Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Transport Costs
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Park Entry Fees for Residents / Non-Residents
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
This hike takes you through dense vegetation with beautiful craggy rock ridges & the upper reaches of the Aberdare moorland that is famous for its bog. This traverse will have you tackle the Table mountain, before joining the continuous ridge to Satima and Dragons Tooth.