Triple Summit Challenge
3 Peaks | 7 Climbers | 7 Days
Date: 17th – 23rd October 2021
Climbers: Nick, Margie, Munyaka, Benson, Rimui, Timothy, Robert
Why The Challenge
My name is Munyaka Njiru, an Adventure Enthusiast and Mountaineer with over 12 years of experience in the outdoors. Through Bucketlist Adventures we have been inspiring healthy living in our community by creating opportunities for people to unwind and learn in nature. This project was mooted by our Mauano hiking group notably Nicholas Murimi, Margie Gathungu, Timothy Muriithi, Rimui, Benson, Robert and myself Munyaka Njiru with the support of the Kenyan Hiking family. To support this cause we will be hiking Mt. Kenya, Mt. Meru, and Mt. Kilimanjaro over a period of 7 days to support this cause.
Over the past decade, we have concentrated on reopening old hiking trails and creating new trails in places previously less visited. Some of the trails that we have directly supported in scouting and bringing back to the radar of local hikers and hiking companies include:-
- Rurimueria Trail in the Northern Moorlands of Aberdare National Park.
- Table Mountain in the Northern Moorlands of Aberdare National Park.
- Kieni Forest trail in the southern Aberdares.
- Ol Muntus hike in Makueni County.
- Dragons to Satima to Table Traverse Trail
- Gicheru Mines and Kanugu Trail
With the establishment of these trails, the next challenge has been to make them safe and ideal for the regular nature-loving visitor. We are working to restore dignity to these trails by improving the following areas:-
- Improving Safety on trails through physical improvements including earthworks and drainage.
- Restoring Dignity facilities on the trails i.e Toilets and Showers.
- Improving user experience in parks by improving picnic sites and camping sites.
The proceeds from this challenge will go towards raising awareness on the improvement of park facilities on Mt. Kenya National park as well as other National parks in Kenya. A specific focus of this first activity is the Chogoria Route on Mt. Kenya
After months of preparation, the team will embark on attempting the 3 summits within 7 days. The following is the program. The team is inviting anyone who would like to join them for any or all of the peak to do so.
- 17th October: Drive to Moshi Tanzania
- 18th October: Hike to Barafu Camp, Mt. Kilimanjaro
- 19th October: Summit Kilimanjaro and descend to Moshi
- 20th October: Drive to Mt. Meru, ascend to Saddle Hut
- 21st October: Summit Kilimanjaro and descend to Arusha
- 22nd October: Drive to Nairobi then onwards to Old Moses Camp
- 23rd October: Hike to Lenana then Descend to Nairobi
How To Contribute
To Contribute to this cause kindly visit the following link:-
For More details and partnerships contact the expedition coordinator on 0725 157 834
Email: [email protected]
At a glance
This project was mooted by our Mauano hiking group notably Nicholas Murimi, Margie Gathungu, Timothy Muriithi, Rimui, Benson, Robert, and Munyaka Njiru with the support of the Kenyan Hiking family. After months of preparation, the team will embark on attempting the 3 summits of Mt. Kenya, Mt. Meru, and Mt. Kilimanjaro over a period of 7 days.