ABOUT RURIMERIA HILL
Difficulty: High to Very High
Trekking Time: 8-9 hours
Rurimeria Hill forms one of the towering peak of the Aberdares. The Hill stands tall at 12,670 ft which makes its higher than Elephant hill and only 200 feet of the famous Kinangop. This is a hike for the tough hiker.
Head out early at 0500hrs to arrive at Geta Bush in the am.
Directly from the town, a wide path leads to the foot of the hill. The path leads up the forest to Bamboo and heather zones to reach the moorland. The route then follows a wide arch around the valley with a few false summits before reaching the summit on the long ridge to the east.
The hike is a complete horseshoe before going down the opposite southern ridge to head back to the starting point. The trail is 100% unbeaten so dress appropriately.
We enjoy late lunch before departing for the journey back to Nairobi arriving late in the evening.
What to Carry:
1. Proper Comfortable hiking boots with good grip
2. Rain Coat
3. Powerful Whistle
4. Emergency Safety kit (Evacuation card, personal first aid items, matchbox)
5. Water (At least 3 litres)
6. Mkeka hat or sun screen
7. Jacket : Its Windy & cold sometimes
9. Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the hike
10. Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
11. GPS Tracker device
13. Identification card or passport
14. Head lamp or Torch
Citizens KES 3,850
Residents KES 4,850
• Park fees
• Guides, game rangers and staff fees
• Round Transport to and from Nairobi CBD
Satelitte Phone Support
• Tips for guides and service staff
• Personal items as in “C” above
• Medical costs, Insurance
Payment and Booking
MPESA Paybill 695596
Contacts : 0777 118 114 | [email protected]