Aberdares Waterfalls Chase
Available Dates: Group joining; 23rd April
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Aberdares is one of the last remaining real wilderness parks in Kenya. Picturesque, steep forested ravines and open moorland characterize the jungle. The park provides a habitat for elephants, black rhinos, leopards, spotted hyenas, olive baboons, black and white colobus monkeys, buffalos, warthogs, and bushbucks among others.
On this day we leave Nairobi early for the Mutubio gate on the Nyandarua side of the range. After park check-in we drive to the farthest waterfall Chania falls. A short walk from the bus leads to this waterfall with a viewing deck at the bottom.
The trip then backtracks to Gura waterfall our second for the day. Gura is the fastest flowing river in Africa.
The trip then heads towards Fishing lodge for a quick bathroom stop before driving to Karuru waterfalls, the highest in the country. This majestic waterfall drops down in three steps, 1st step 117M, 2nd step 26M, and 3rd 130M, making a total of 273M.
The trip ends with a drive back to the gate while attempting to spot the elusive and shy Aberdares animals.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full package – Kes. 4,250
Self-drive (4×4 vehicle recommended) – Kes. 2,380
- Citizen/Resident Park Entry Fees
- Transport cost for non self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Visit to the Waterfalls
- Guiding Fees
- Non-Resident Park Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
- Lunch. Kindly pack something from home
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
After park check-in we drive to the farthest waterfall Chania falls. A short walk from the bus leads to this waterfall with a viewing deck at the bottom.