Elephant Hill Gatare Route
Available Date: 25th September 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Elephant hill forms the southern tip of the Nyandarua Range, which hosts the Aberdares National Park. The peak rises 3500m above sea level and offers mind-blowing views of the Kinangop plateau below. On a clear day, you can see as far as Mt. Longonot, Lake Naivasha, Mt. Kilimanjaro, and Sasumua and Ndakaini Dams.
This hike starts from Gatare Forest station in Muranga County. The hike starts with a walk through the tropical rain forest followed by a long bamboo-section that follows an old winding forest track. The track finally joins the main Elephant hill route from Njabini at the Bamboo forest start point and climbs to the Point of Despair. The hike then goes up the Elephants Tail before the final walk to the summit. Return to base on the same route to Njambini.
What To Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package with Transport – KES 3,650
Self Drive – Kes. 2,400
- Citizen Park Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Resident/Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: