Githunguri Backcountry Trek
Available Dates: Group joining; 26th February 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Moderate, 12Km | 4-5hours hike
This hike starts at Githunguri town. Our very informative guide takes you through the rich undocumented history of Githunguri town and struggles for Kenya’s independence. As you exit the town the trail leads you down to Ruiru river along Kagwe Githunguri road to the first waterfall. From here the trail leads you through farms and further down to the second waterfalls and rapids. From the waterfall, we head back to Githunguri town where we finish the hike.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back.
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 2,500
With Transport – KES 3,350
- Community fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Resident/ Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.