Jiwe La Uoga Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 8th May 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Difficult 25Km | Easy10Km(Kids Friendly)
Hike on the Kikuyu Escarpment
The Kikuyu Escarpment stretches from the southwestern side of Ngong and goes all the way to Kijabe with a variety of scenic trails with wide-open views to enjoy. On this day we have a long & challenging Mauano Trail and Short Kid-Friendly trail on the edges of the escarpment both available for you.
The Hike begins on a flat village road before descending into the escarpment. The views reaching as far as Mt. Suswa, Mt Longonot are mind-blowing. The trail then heads north on the plains before climbing steeply out on a different route with the famous “Jiwe la Uoga” or stone of fear. The hike ends with amazing views from the summit.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back.
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 1,500
With Transport – KES 2,500
Kids below 12yrs
Self-Drive – KES 1,200
With Transport – KES 2,200
Resident / Non Residents – Contact our reservation Team on 0729 995059
- Citizen Community entry fees & parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Resident / Non-Residents Community Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
Jiwe La Uoga is a huge outcrop that looks as if it’s going to tumble down the Kikuyu escarpment. Do not be left behind as we enjoy this scenic escarpment trail that is just a short drive from Nairobi.