Kathandeni Forest & Falls Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 5th Feb 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
The southern part of Mt. Kenya forest has a lot of interesting attractions. While the peaks get the most attention these less visited trails have a lot to offer for the intrepid hiker. This particular trail is accessed from the Kirinyaga County side of the forest. The trail goes through a scenic natural forest with a waterfall. You also encounter a natural pool along the trail that is awesome for sport swimming if you can brave the cold water.
The trail offers a short walk and a long trek option that can take between 6 – 7 hours
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 2,390
Full Package with Transport – KES 3,380
Kids Below 12yrs – 80% of adult rate
- Community Entry Fees/parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guide fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
Kathandeni Forest is located on the slopes of Mt Kenya in Kirinyaga County. The Trail takes us deep into this magnificent forest with a visit to a breathtaking waterfall with natural water pools where you can enjoy a cold swim. Experience nature at its best in this spectacular forest.