Kenze River Trail
Available Date: 21st May, 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Easy to Moderate, 5- 8 Hrs Trek
Terrain: bush and loose rock & Sand
Makueni County is a land of contrast. Away from the dry land associated with southeastern Kenya, this is truly the beautiful green gem of that region. With hills and rivers flowing through, this area around Salama is visibly green.
The Kenze Circuit lies on the verdant hills of Kilome. The hills are linked by a tarmac off Salama on Mombasa road and our trail starts off at Mukaa. The trek goes down to the surrounding inhabited hills before running into a lush green temporary river line with huge, interesting rock formations, rock pools, and scenery dots. The trail then picks up into once forested bushland and goes through 3 small rounded summits. The trail then falls on the opposite and ends on a gradual uphill road stretch back to the starting point.
To avoid the road construction on Mombasa road, we will use the more scenic Makueni route.
What To Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package with Transport – Kes. 3,250
Self Drive – Kes. 2,350
- Citizen/ Resident entry Fees/parking fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: