Kiambicho Hills Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 11th July 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: 12Km Moderate Hike
The trail commences at the river camp in Sagana where you cross the river via a bridge. The trail after the bridge leads to the base of the forest. The forest trail is refreshing with views as far as Kilimambogo, the Aberdares, and the surrounding plains. From strategic viewpoints, the views of the Sagana River as it snakes its way down is to die for. The trail then drops off to the forest station & an observation point that is interesting. The next hill Kiamuti beckons as you climb it up and back down.
Walking down we join the old railway line. Walking along it takes us to the “canyon of Sagana” a hells gate type of attraction with interesting sights. Later we follow the same railway line and the off to access a footpath that leads us to a beautiful river line.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Citizens – Kes. 3,050
Residents – Kes. 3,550
- Forest Entry Fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
Join this exploratory hike with a team of Adventure lovers. The trail takes you through the beautiful and natural Sagana Riverline on the upper sections of the largest river in Kenya. The hike starts at the river camp in Sagana where you cross the river via a bridge. The hike takes about 6 hours to complete including rests and scenic stops.