Kieni Forest & Falls Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 18th Sep 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Moderate, 12Km
Located in the southern Aberdares forest, Kieni forest has some of the unbeaten trails through the dense indigenous forest that leads to 3 spectacular waterfalls.
The walk through the tea plantation is stunning. The dense indigenous forest provides a cool quiet environment as you get to learn the history of the area, flora, and fauna from our informative guides.
The trail follows a 12km loop that is easily covered in 4-5hours.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back.
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 2,100
With Transport – KES 3,250
- Citizen Forest entry fees & parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Resident/ Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
At a glance
This unique hike offers one of the most scenic tours of the Aberdares. Kieni Forest offers a friendly unbeaten path through a beautiful tropical forest and Tea farms. The hike takes you deeper into the forest to a water pipe that eventually leads you to 3 spectacular waterfalls.