Kijabe Reloaded Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 30th July 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: 16Km Steep Trail
This Classic Hiking Trail is a one-way hike that is challenging and a good test of endurance. The hike is a combination of the Kijabe hill trail followed by the Escarpment wall towards Soko Mjinga. The trail begins a few kilometers after Maimahiu town where you are dropped by the bus. After a short stretch and briefing, the hike goes up a gentle incline to the Old railway and the new railway. The trail continues northeast to the peak of Kijabe hill at 2659m a.s.l.The view of Longonot and the surrounding plains is amazing.
After a picnic break, the trail descends Kijabe hill through some pyrethrum farms to the bottom where a beautiful shaded picnic area surrounded by giant euphorbia trees provides a good rest point before the final challenge.
After the brief stop, we cross the railway to the ultimate challenge of the day, a steep escarpment hill that leads us shrubs and bushes to come out in a planted forest near Soko Mjinga where the hike ends.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Citizens – Kes. 3,300
Residents – Kes. 3,500
Ps. Discounts applied to bookings done via the website
Book Now https://bucketlist.co.ke/shop/kijabe-reloaded-hike/
- Community Entry Fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
At a glance
Kijabe Hill is located North West of Nairobi and is part of the Great Rift Valley Escarpment. The hike begins a few Kilometers past Mai Mahiu and takes about 7 hours to complete. Enjoy magnificent views of Lake Naivasha, Mt Longonot, Kikuyu escarpment, and surrounding plains from the top. Test your limits as we engage with this adventurous steep trail.