Kilimanjaro Marathon 2022
Dates: 26th Feb – 28th Feb 2022
The Kilimanjaro Marathon is one of the high-profile marathons in Africa and is held on the foothills of Africa’s highest free-standing mountain, Mt Kilimanjaro. This annual marathon offers a 42.2km full marathon, a 21.1km half marathon, and a 5km Run. To register for the marathon, log in to the Kili marathon website on the link below.
Day 1: Nairobi – Moshi
Leave Nairobi early and head south to the Namanga border. Check-in at the one-stop border post and continue to Moshi, a beautiful town at the base of Kilimanjaro. On arrival check in to our hotel and spend the rest of the evening relaxing and preparing for the marathon.
Day 2: Marathon & Kikuletwa Hotsprings
Rise up early and walk a short distance to the race start line. Enjoy the run set to kick off at 0700hrs and return to the hotel for late breakfast. If on the one-night package, depart for Nairobi after breakfast.
If on two nights package we will spend the afternoon swimming at the refreshing Kikuletwa Hotsprings. Return to Moshi for an evening party and overnight stay.
Day 3: Moshi – Nairobi
Early morning breakfast. Later we embark on our journey back to Nairobi to arrive in the evening.
What To Carry:
- Running Kits
- Comfortable outdoor attire. Proper outdoor shoes.
- Items of personal use (Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue, etc)
- Shawl for the colder evenings
- Swimming costumes
- Drinks and Beverages:
- Sunhat/ sunscreen/Sunglasses
- Warm Jacket
- Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the trip
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Identification card.
- Tip for crew and guides
2Nights Room Package
Room Sharing Basis: Kes. 10,500 Per Person
Single Room: Kes. Kes. 17,000
2Nights Camping Package
Sharing Basis: Kes. 9,500 Per Person
- Return Transport to and from Nairobi CBD in a comfortable PSV Bus. (A private Shuttle can be organized at an extra cost)
- Camping Accommodation in Moshi on Bed n Breakfast
- Camping Gear(Tents & Mattress)
- After party with Dj at the Hotel
- Complementary Kikuletwa Hotsprings transport
- Kili Marathon Ticket
- En route Lunches
- Drinking-Water, Drinks & refreshments
- Kikuletwa entrance fees (Kes. 1000)
- Sleeping Bag/Duvet
- Medical and Insurance Expense
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Kilimarathon)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
At a glance
Join us on the foothills of Africa’s highest free-standing mountain, Mt. Kilimanjaro. The Kilimanjaro Premium Lager Marathon is one of Africa’s iconic marathons that is annually held in Tanzania.