Lake Rutundu and Alice Tour
Available Dates: 2nd – 3rd October 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Trekking Time: 2 hours up, 1 hour Down
The Scenic Mt.Kenya Glacial Lakes
Set on the Moorland 3000m above sea level is a set of beautiful glacial lakes in Mt. Kenya National Park. This tour will take you to the magical Lake Rutundu and Lake Alice some of the largest lakes in Mt. Kenya by size and beauty.
Day 1: Lake Rutundu & Lake Alice
Pick up from Nairobi at 0445hrs and drive north to Nanyuki town. Switch vehicles and depart for Lake Rutundu by Landrover. This is a 2-hour drive on the Marania side of Mt.Kenya which happens to be one of the least explored sides. Walk up the moorland on the scenic landscape to reach Lake Rutundu famous for Kate Middleton’s proposal. Rest and have a scenic break in Rutundu area before heading out to Alice. Lake Alice is the largest of the lakes in Mt. Kenya and is famous for royalty named after Princess Alice, the Duchess of Glouchester who visited Mt. Kenya in 1934 attempting to climb it. It rests on Ithanguni hill.
The hike guarantees a clear view of the peaks on a good day. Relax at Alice and enjoy the surrounding area. Descend to Nanyuki town after a scenic tour. Check in to beautiful cottages where you will spend the night with a bonfire and dinner to set the night in motion. The cottages are on a sharing basis and special arrangements should be made for private rooms.
Day 2: Nanyuki to Nairobi
In the morning enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Check out, and embark on a journey back to Nairobi to arrive in the afternoon.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Water (At least 3 liters), Drinks and Refreshments
- Sunhat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Snacks eg. starch, nuts, fruits, energy bars to last the hike.
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Warm Jacket or fleece
- Items of personal use.
- Change of clothes
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
Full Package with Transport – Kes. 14,100
Self Drive – Kes. 11,300
- Round Trip Transport from Nairobi
- Transport to the mountain on LandRover
- Citizens & Resident Park entry fees
- Hiking Charges
- Meals on Half Board (Dinner and Breakfast)
- 1 Night Accommodation in cottages on Per Person sharing
- Security and Guides Fees
- Non-Residents Park Fees
- En route Lunches
- Tips for guides
- Personal Climbing charges
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.