Lake Rutundu and Alice Tour
Available Dates: 16th April, 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Trekking Time: 2 hours up, 1 hour Down
The Scenic Mt.Kenya Glacial Lakes
Set on the Moorland 3000m above sea level is a set of beautiful glacial lakes in Mt. Kenya National Park. This tour will take you to the magical Lake Rutundu and Lake Alice some of the largest lakes in Mt. Kenya by size and beauty.
Pick up from Nairobi at 0400hrs and drive north to Nanyuki town. Switch vehicles and depart for Lake Rutundu by Landcruiser. This is a 2-hour drive on the Marania side of Mt.Kenya which happens to be one of the least explored sides. Walk up the moorland on the scenic landscape to reach Lake Rutundu famous for Kate Middleton’s proposal. Rest and have a scenic break in Rutundu area before heading out to Alice. Lake Alice is the largest of the lakes in Mt. Kenya and is famous for royalty named after Princess Alice, the Duchess of Glouchester who visited Mt. Kenya in 1934 attempting to climb it. It rests on Ithanguni hill.
The hike guarantees a clear view of the peaks on a good day. Relax at Alice and enjoy the surrounding area. Descend to Nanyuki town after a scenic tour and drive back to Nairobi to arrive in the evening.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Water (At least 3 liters), Drinks and Refreshments
- Sunhat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Snacks eg. starch, nuts, fruits, energy bars to last the hike.
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Warm Jacket or fleece
- Items of personal use.
- Change of clothes
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
Full Package with Transport – Kes. 8,450
Self Drive (4X4 vehicle recommended) – Kes. 5,900
- Round Trip Transport from Nairobi for Non-selfdrives
- Transport to the mountain on Landccruiser
- Citizens & Resident Park entry fees
- Hiking Charges
- Tour Guiding
- Non-Residents Park Fees
- En route Lunches
- Tips for guides
- Personal Climbing charges
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]