Chalbi Desert & Loiyangalani Tour
Available Dates: 20th – 24th October
Private Package: Any Dates upon Request
Transport: Land Cruiser
Accommodation: Budget Hotels(It’s the rough north)
Enjoy the Sun, Sand, and Sea in Northern Kenya.
The Northern region of Kenya is vast and scenic. It is the home of a variety of tribes and has remained comparatively inaccessible until now. Ranging from the lush highland green of the southern side of the Mathews range and Samburu National Park to the red sands of the northern borders with Ethiopia in the Chalbi desert, its terrain is varied, mysterious, and extraordinarily beautiful.
Day 1: Nairobi to Ngurunit
Depart early from Nairobi and drive north past Nanyuki and the beautiful farmlands of Timau with a stopover for photos and sightseeing at Mt. Ololokwe. Drive to Ngurunit, an oasis surrounded by tens of mountains popularly known as the Ndotos. Upon arrival, late lunch is served, then we will take a short walk up the Ndoto streams to some Natural swimming pools for a swim. This is among the most beautiful places in Northern Kenya. Overnight stay at New Golbol Manyattas and huts.
Meals Provided: Dinner
Day 2: Ngurunit to Loiyangalani (Lake Turkana)
In the morning after breakfast, visit the basket project and buy some souvenirs before heading out to Loiyangalani. On the way, you get to see the Turkana Wind Farm. The scenery is surreal. Check-in and Lunch at Malabo Resort. Then visit the El-Molo people who live on the shores of the lake and are 100% dependent on the lake for survival. You may visit the lake for sightseeing and sunset.
Meals Provided: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Loiyangalani to Kalacha
In the morning depart for North Horr, a beautiful oasis at the edge of the Chalbi desert before proceeding to Kalacha. On this day you get to drive through the Chalbi desert. It’s a fun and adventurous ride. Enjoy the beauty and spend the night star gazing. Lunch, dinner, and overnight at Chalbi Desert Cottages.
Meals Provided: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Kalacha to Marsabit
After breakfast, drive up to the beautiful lake paradise in Marsabit National Park. You will be in time to see the animals come out for a morning drink and splash. Proceed to Marsabit Silvias Inn for dinner and overnight.
Meals Provided: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 5: Marsabit to Nairobi
Early Morning breakfast, check out and embark on our journey back to Nairobi with a stopover at Nanyuki for lunch. Arrive in the early evening with great memories of the North.
Meals Provided: Breakfast
What to Carry
- Shawl for the colder evenings.
- Proper Comfortable Closed outdoor Shoes
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Sandals for the camps
- Swimming costumes
- Drinks and Beverages: We have Sundowners so carry adequate drinks to contribute
- Mkeka hat/ sunscreen/ Sunglasses
- Warm Jacket
- Enough Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the trip
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Identification card / Passport for the park.
- Tips for the guides, crew, and drivers
All-inclusive Budget Package: KES 38,500
Comfort Package: KES 44,500
- Meals on Safari
- Citizen Park Entry Fees
- Transport on 4X4 Land Cruiser
- Accommodation at Budget camps and hotel
- Professional Tour Guide
- Activity Extras: Boat Tour, Cultural Visit (Appx. Ksh 500 – 1,000)
- Resident/Non-Resident Park Entry Fees
- En-route lunches and drinks at designated stops on the first and last day.
- Personal items as listed above
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Tips for Guides
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
We have lined up this Loiyangalani and Chalbi Tour for you. The Northern region of Kenya is mysterious vast and scenic. From Mathews range to Samburu National Park to the red sands of the Chalbi Desert to the blue waters of Lake Turkana.