Malewa Gorge Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 27th March 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Easy 10Km Hippo Walk | Moderate 15Km Gorge Hike
Perched on the cliffs adjacent to where the Kinangop Plateau drops into the Rift Valley is a scenic and hilly destination for hiking lovers. The Trip here takes you down the road to Gilgil before turning to the hills. The hike takes you through a peculiar landscape that starts at River Malewa and takes you through the Riverline before getting into the bushes. The hike takes you through the gorges with scenic views of the valley below. You have a choice between a short 4 hours to a longer 6 hours hike. The hike ends back at the start point with a drive back to Nairobi.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 1,780
Full Package – KES 2,950
- Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
The hike takes you through a peculiar landscape that starts at River Malewa to the gorges with scenic views of the valley below. The hike goes through an off-the-beaten bushy track so have your long sleeves and long pants for the hike.