Menengai Crater Traverse
Available Date: 11th September 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Difficult, 8 Hours
Menengai is a massive shield volcano and one of the largest Calderas in the world. The Crater offers an interesting exploratory route for the curious adventurer.
The hike will begin on the Kiamunyi side where we will walk up to the famous Menengai Crater caves. A strong Torch/headlight is needed for this. After this, we proceed further through the lava flow trails to explore the floor of the caldera and traverse across to the bottom of the Viewpoint. From here we will then climb out steeply to the viewpoint overlooking the crater. The trail then rounds the rim of the crater to our finish point at Maili Saba Camp.
What To Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package with Transport – KES 2,900
- Citizen Park Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Resident/Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: