Mt. Kipipiri Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 19th Feb 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Difficult 7hrs Trail
Meeting Point: International House on City Hall Way, Next to Kencom.
Meeting Time: 0420hrs to Depart at 0440hrs
Mount Kipipiri is connected to the Aberdare range and stands tall with an elevation of 3,349 AMSL. It is located about 32 km northeast of Lake Naivasha, which is visible from the summit. The name of the mountain means “butterfly” in the Gikuyu language, a reference to its profile from a distance. The Mount Kipipiri Forest Reserve is part of the Aberdare National Park.
This hike will take you through dense forest, heath, and moorland vegetation with the peak almost on a bare rock surface with little high altitude vegetation. The walk up is long but beautiful landscapes will surely reward you. The plan is to start early to ensure we have ample time to summit and drive back to the city to arrive early in the evening. The hike up is long but the descent is via a shorter route on the Ndunyu Njeru escarpment side.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 2,390
With Transport – KES 3,390
- Citizens Park Entrance Fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive & parking fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Park Entry Fees for Residents / Non-Residents
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
Join this Exciting Expedition with a team of Adventure lovers. Mount Kipipiri is an isolated Volcano in the Wanjohi Valley, on the Kinangop Plateau close to the Aberdare Range. This hike takes you through dense forest and moorland vegetation with the peak almost on a bare rock surface with little altitude vegetation.