Mt. Kenya Kamweti Forest & Falls Trail
Available Dates: Group joining; 1st Oct, 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: 20Km Moderate Hike
Meet with our Adventure team in Nairobi in the morning for departure. We will then drive North towards Kirinyaga to the edge of the forest at the Castle Forest Station gate.
After a stretch and safety briefing, the hike starts from the gate. The tropical rainforest trails present an awesome opportunity to interact with nature at its best. Should you want an easy hike you can drive up to Castle Forest Lodge to start your hike there. After a hours walk, you get to the Castle Forest Lodge entrance which marks the end of the vehicle trail and begins the use of old elephant and buffalo trails.
After the lodge and a visit to two small waterfalls, the trail gets deeper into the forest now following animal tracks. The highlight of the hike is the majestic ford waterfalls. The trail around the waterfall is thick and takes some challenge to get to but is all very worth the while. Return to the start point can be creatively changed to using the forest trails. The hike ends after a beautiful 20Km of scenic forest and trails. After a hot meal prepared by our bush chef, we drive back to Nairobi.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package – Kes. 3,400
Self Drive – Kes. 2,200
- Citizen/Resident Park Entry Fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Non Resident Park Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
At a glance
The trail then follows old elephant and buffalo paths through the dense rain and bamboo thickets of Mt. Kenya up to a scenic waterfall.