Mt. Kenya Likii North Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 19th March,2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Moderate 5 hours Hike to 4,000m
Mt. Kenya is one of the most dramatic landscapes in East Africa. The second highest mountain in Africa, the terrain offers beautiful tropical mountain trails for the intrepid traveler. This trip gives you a taste of Mt. Kenya in a day without getting to the highest peaks.
Depart early from Nairobi to arrive in Nanyuki for a short coffee shop break. After the break, drive up to Sirimon gate for park check-in. After park check-in, we will then drive up the Tropical Rain forest to Old Moses Hut 3,300m above sea level. The hike starts here with a steady walk to the North towards Likii. The terrain goes through the mountain paths to a viewpoint where you can see the main peaks close by on a clear day.
Return to Old Moses and onwards to Nairobi or spend an extra night in Nanyuki.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package – KES 4,090
Self Drive – KES 2,850
- Citizen Park Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Round trip transport from Nairobi
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Resident/Non-Residents Park Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
This hike takes you to one of the most beautiful Tropical Mountain in Africa without getting to the highest peaks.
The hike begins at the Old Moses Hut and takes you north towards Likii to a view point where you can experience amazing views on the mountain peaks.