Mt. Kilimanjaro; Machame Route
Available Dates: 17th- 24th October | 23rd-30th Jan,2022 | Any other private date
CROSSING MT. KILIMANJARO OFF YOUR BUCKET LIST
Mt. Kilimanjaro is an amazing spectacle. Rising to 5,895 Metres above sea level, it is the highest point in Africa. The mountain is also the highest free-standing mountain in the world. The views from its base are stunning as the mountain rises freely from the flat plains below.
Machame route is regarded as the most scenic of the trails up Kilimanjaro. You ascend gradually through the forest till you emerge onto the Moorland of Shira Plateau, from which there are superb views of the Kibo Peak and the Great Western Breach.
Day 1: Nairobi to Moshi
Day 2: Moshi – Machame Gate (1800m) – Machame Camp (3000m)
Walking duration: 5-7hrs, 11km
Day 3: Machame Camp (3000m) – Shira Camp (3800m)
Walking duration: 4-6hrs, 5km
Day 4: Shira (3800m) –Lava Tower (4642m) – Barranco (3950m)
Walking duration: 6-7hrs, 10km
Day 5: Barranco Camp (3950m) – Karanga Camp (3995m) – Barafu Camp (4700m)
Walking duration: 7 hrs, 9.5km
Day 6: (SUMMIT ATTEMPT) Barafu Camp(4700m) – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Mweka (3100m)
Walking duration: 11-14hrs, 16km
Day 7: Mweka Camp (3100) – Mweka Gate (1640m) – Moshi
Day 8: Moshi to Nairobi
Due to the nature of the exercise, you need to prepare your body well. It is recommended you do daily cardio-based exercises before the hike. Pre hikes are organized every weekend and private on weekdays and it would be great to attend them. Contact the Bucketlist team for the calendar on this. We have prep hikes lined up every weekend for your support.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Our team is highly skilled in handling health and safety while on high peaks. Safety equipment including oxygen tanks, first aid kit, the pulse oximeter is available with competent first responders on the team. We will also help you procure an emergency evacuation cover that can be deployed in case of emergencies while on the expedition.
FOOD & SNACKS
Meals will be provided, as well as snacks and fruits during meals. You may carry small snack packs because we really give you enough food to keep you going. Main meals are prepared and served at camp. They include common starch, vegetables, soup, and meat. Any special dietary requirements such as diabetic, vegetarian, lactose intolerant, non-beef must be communicated in advance.
1. Backpack/rucksack for porters – 1 Pc
2. Day pack Bag properly padded – 1 Pc
3. Sleeping bag (-0 to -20 degrees) – 1 Bag
4. Waterproof Hiking Boots – 1 Pair
5. Marvin/Balaclava /Warm Hat – 1 Pc
6. Sunglasses – 1 Pc
7. Slim hot water flask – 1 Pc
8. T-Shirts – Polyester quick-dry – 4 Pcs
9. Warm Jacket – 1 Pc
10. Long Raincoat or Poncho – 1 Pc
11. Walking pants – 3 Pcs
12. Warm Pants for evenings – 1Pc
13. Waterproof windbreaker pants / Rain Trousers – 1 Pc
14. Heavy woolen socks – 6 Pcs
15. Gloves (Warm Ski gloves) – 1 Pc
16. Light woolen gloves -11 Pcs
17. Fleece – 1 -2Pcs
18. Thermal underwear (Top & Bottom) – 1-2 Pairs
19. Camelbak Hydration pack /Water bottles: Carrying Capacity of over 3 Litres
20. Bathroom Kit (Recommended Wet Wipes, SunScreen, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, etc)
21. Headlamp with Extra Batteries – 1 Pcs
22. Personal First aid items/medicine if any
24. Wide Brimmed sun hat/Baseball cap – 1 Pc
25. Snacks to last all days (Personal Discretion)
27. Passport/National ID/Alien ID & Yellow Fever certificate
28. Summit Ski Trouser – 1 Pc
29. Disclaimer & Health self-assessment form submitted.
30. Emergency evacuation cover
31. Walking poles
32.Power Bank/Solar Charger /Cameras
33. Snow gaiters
34. Ankle support and knee support
35. Book or portable games to use
36. Money for Crew Tips
– All the above items can be sourced with the help of our team. Contact us for hiring and purchase.
Full Package: East African Citizens Kes. 59,500 | Non Citizens USD 1,580
- All meals on the Mountain.
- Accommodation on Cottages at Mountain Bike House for the night before and after the climb.
- Camping Accommodation on the mountain.
- Statutory Park entry fees.
- Guide fees
- Group Porters for your personal rucksack
- Mountain chef and catering team.
- Return Transport to and from Nairobi CBD in a comfortable Bus.
- Certificate of Achievement
- Visa fees for Non-East African Citizens.
- International Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (Mandatory)
- Tips for guides and porters
- Personal Climbing Gear
- Water and Drinks (Though clean water is available for refills you need to carry water purification tablets)
- En-route meals on the first and the last day.
Booking & Payments
A deposit secures your slot on the trip. For Bank, payments contact our team. For MPESA: Use Paybill Number 695596 and input your name as the Account Number.
For any Queries contact our Expeditions Director on 0725157834/0729 995059 or email [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
At a glance
Mt. Kilimanjaro is the ultimate hiking adventure in Africa. A journey to the roof of Africa is on top of the bucket list for many hikers and fitness enthusiasts. We will work with you to prepare for this formidable feat and ensure you won’t stress about the logistics of your adventure. This hike follows the adventurous and scenic Machame route.