Mt. Meru & Kili Double Summit
Available Dates: 18th -27th February 2022
Mt. Kilimanjaro is an amazing spectacle. Rising to 5,895 Metres above sea level, it is the highest point in Africa. The mountain is also the highest free-standing mountain in the world. The views from its base are stunning as the mountain rises freely from the flat plains below.
Mt. Meru is Mount Kilimanjaro’s little sister, standing at 4,566m compared to 5,895m, but is still an impressive freestanding volcano. The hike to the summit of Mt. Meru involves transversing through Verdant Afromontane forest into high altitude alpine desert with stunning views of the dormant volcano. There is a high possibility of wildlife sightings on foot in the Afromontane forest. It has excellent birdlife and is one of the most underrated hikes in East Africa.
Day 1: Nairobi to Arusha to Miriakamba(2500m)
Day 2: Miriakamba (2500m) – Saddle Hut (3500m)
Day 3: Saddle Hut (3500m) – Summit Attempt (4566m) -Exit to Moshi
Day 4: Moshi – Machame Gate (1800m) – Machame Camp (3000m)
Day 5: Machame Camp (3000m) – Shira Camp (3800m)
Day 6: Shira (3800m) –Lava Tower (4642m) – Barranco (3950m)
Day 7: Barranco Camp (3950m) – Karanga Camp (3995m) – Barafu Camp (4700m)
Day 8: (SUMMIT ATTEMPT) Barafu Camp(4700m) – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Mweka (3100m)
Day 9: Mweka Camp (3100) – Mweka Gate (1640m) – Overnight Rest at Moshi
Day 10: Kili Marathon – Nairobi
Due to the nature of the exercise, you need to prepare your body well. It is recommended you do daily cardio-based exercises before the hike. Pre hikes are organized every weekend and private on weekdays and it would be great to attend them. Contact the Bucketlist team for the calendar on this. We have prep hikes lined up every weekend for your support.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Our team is highly skilled in handling health and safety while on high peaks. Safety equipment including oxygen tanks, a first aid kit, a pulse oximeter is available with competent first responders on the team. We will also help you procure an emergency evacuation cover that can be deployed in case of emergencies while on the expedition.
FOOD & SNACKS
Meals will be provided, as well as snacks and fruits during meals. You may carry small snack packs because we really give you enough food to keep you going. Main meals are prepared and served at camp. They include common starch, vegetables, soup, and meat. Any special dietary requirements such as diabetic, vegetarian, lactose intolerant, non-beef must be communicated in advance.
1. Backpack/rucksack for porters – 1 Pc
2. Day pack Bag properly padded – 1 Pc
3. Sleeping bag (-0 to -20 degrees) – 1 Bag
4. Waterproof Hiking Boots – 1 Pair
5. Marvin/Balaclava /Warm Hat – 1 Pc
6. Sunglasses – 1 Pc
7. Slim hot water flask – 1 Pc
8. T-Shirts – Polyester quick-dry – 4 Pcs
9. Warm Jacket – 1 Pc
10. Long Raincoat or Poncho – 1 Pc
11. Walking pants – 3 Pcs
12. Warm Pants for evenings – 1Pc
13. Waterproof windbreaker pants / Rain Trousers – 1 Pc
14. Heavy woolen socks – 6 Pcs
15. Gloves (Warm Ski gloves) – 1 Pc
16. Light woolen gloves -11 Pcs
17. Fleece – 1 -2Pcs
18. Thermal underwear (Top & Bottom) – 1-2 Pairs
19. Camelbak Hydration pack /Water bottles: Carrying Capacity of over 3 Litres
20. Bathroom Kit (Recommended Wet Wipes, SunScreen, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, etc)
21. Headlamp with Extra Batteries – 1 Pcs
22. Personal First aid items/medicine if any
24. Wide Brimmed sun hat/Baseball cap – 1 Pc
25. Snacks to last all days (Personal Discretion)
27. Passport/National ID/Alien ID & Yellow Fever certificate
28. Summit Ski Trouser – 1 Pc
29. Disclaimer & Health self-assessment form submitted.
30. Emergency evacuation cover
31. Walking poles
32. Power Bank/Solar Charger /Cameras
33. Snow gaiters
34. Ankle support and knee support
35. Book or portable games to use
36. Money for Crew Tips
– All the above items can be sourced with the help of our team. Contact us for hiring and purchase.
Full Package: Sharing Kes. 108,000 | Single Room: Kes.112,800
Self Drive: Sharing: Kes. 104,000 | Single: Kes. 108,000
Full Package: Sharing USD 2590 | Single Room: USD 2638
Self Drive: Sharing: USD 2550 | Single: USD 2598
Kes. 4,550 on Per person sharing
Kes. 6,900 on Single
PS. 50% booking deposit by15th Jan. Balance to be cleared by 10th Feb 2022.
- All meals on the Mountain.
- 2 Nights Accommodation in Hotel Lindrin Moshi on Bed & Breakfast
- Camping Accommodation on the mountain.
- Statutory Park entry fees.
- Guide fees
- Group Porters for your personal rucksack
- Mountain chef and catering team.
- Return Transport to and from Nairobi CBD in a comfortable Bus.
- Certificate of Achievement
- Kili Marathon Registration
- Visa fees for Non-East African Citizens.
- International Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (Mandatory)
- Tips for guides and porters
- Personal Climbing Gear
- Water and Drinks (Though clean water is available for refills you need to carry water purification tablets)
- Extra meals
Booking & Payments
A deposit secures your slot on the trip. For Bank, payments contact our team. For MPESA: Use Paybill Number 695596 and Account Number. (Your Name-Doublesummit)
For any Queries contact our Expeditions Director on 0725157834/0729 995059 or email [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
At a glance
Conquer both Mt Meru and Mt. Kilimanjaro before attempting The Premium Lager Kili Marathon that is annually held in Tanzania. This annual marathon offers a 42.2km full marathon, a 21.1km half marathon, and a 5km Run.