Mt Ololokwe Overland Tour
Hike and Camp on a Weekend.
The Northern region of Kenya is vast and scenic. Mt Ololokwe is one site that paves way for the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises, this trip gives you a chance to climb up the elephant trails and camp at the very top. The views from the southern end of the mountain are to die for with the Mathews Range, Cat & mouse and surrounding plains clearly visible
Available Dates: July 10th – 11th July
Transport: Overland Truck
Accommodation: Camping with optional upgrades to Tented camp with beds.
Day 1: Nairobi to Sabache Camp
Depart early from Nairobi and drive north past Nanyuki and the beautiful farmlands of Timau to stop for brunch at Isiolo town. After brunch embark on the northern tour with a stopover for photos and sightseeing at Mt. Ololokwe viewpoint. Proceed for a short drive to arrive at Sabache camp nestled at the middle of the range surrounded by high peaks. Set up camp for a relaxed evening of fun and rest at Sabache camp. A bonfire in the evening will be a perfect way to listen to the sounds of the Savannah in the wild.
Day 2: Sabache Camp to Mt. Ololokwe Hike to Nairobi
In the morning rise up for an early start at 0500hr to summit the mountain before the sunrise. Enjoy the beauty of the sun rising from the top of the mountains. Take photos and enjoy the views of the Gregory rift towards the Namunyaka Conservancy before descending for breakfast at camp. After freshening up enjoy the wild setting before departing to Nairobi to arrive late in the evening.
What to Carry
- Shawl for the colder evenings.
- Proper hiking shoes
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Sandals for the camps
- Swimming costume
- Sleeping Bag
- Drinks and Beverages: We have Sundowners so carry adequate drinks to contribute
- Mkeka hat/ sunscreen/ Sunglasses
- Warm Jacket
- Enough Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the trip
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items for hike.
- Identification card / Passport for the park.
- Tips for the guides, crew, and drivers
Residents Self Drive 6,250
Residents Full Package 9,500
PS: Non Residents top up the park fees.
- Meals on Safari
- Transport on OverLand Truck
- Professional Tour Guide
- Activity Extras: Buffalo Springs park Drive & Swim @ KES 1,000
- En-route lunches and drinks at designated stops on the first and last day.
- Personal items as listed above
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Tips for Guides
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
We have lined up this Mt.Ololokwe Overland Tour for you. The Northern region of Kenya is mysterious vast and scenic. From catching the beautiful sunsets, climbing up the elephant trails, leading to camping on the top of the mountain.