Mt. Suswa Rim Challenge
Available Dates: Group joining; 14th May 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Trekking Time: 7 Hours
Mt. Suswa is a beautiful shield Volcano with a double crater in the middle located in the Great Rift Valley. Standing at 2356m the mountain offers unrivaled beauty filled with hiking challenges. Driving from Narok road the drive up to the crater is dramatic and scenic. The occasional antelopes and giraffes in the conservancy offer a pleasant surprise before the hike.
The Short Summit Trail
From the Suswa campsite, the beautiful crater is enough to convince you to just sit and relax and abandon your hiking plans. However, a short two hours up is the Mt. Suswa summit. The trail is beautiful and rides along the edge of the crater to the summit before spending time at the top to enjoy the views. Return is via the same route and takes slightly over an hour.
The Long Round the Crater Rim Hike
If you are up for a very serious challenge, then look no further than the plan to go round the crater 360 degrees. Taking up to 7hours this trail takes you through challenging bush and rocky terrain to the summit before descending down to the base. Proper shoes and the good energy levels and an unwavering spirit are the perfect recipe here.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Citizens – Kes. 3,950
Residents – Kes. 4,450
Non-Residents – Kes. 7,450
Citizens – Kes. 2,600
Residents – Kes. 3,100
Non-Residents – Kes. 6,100
- Park Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: