Explore Nakuru County
Available Dates: 2nd – 4th April
Day One: Malewa Gorge Tour
Depart Nairobi at 0700hrs and drive west towards the Great Rift Valley. Stopover at the Viewpoint before proceeding to Malewa Camp in Gilgil. Embark on a nature trail to the Gorge to marvel at the beautiful scenery created by water and erosion action on the rift valley escarpment. You can also opt to test your limits with a rope course. Return to Camp for overnight and bonfire party.
Day Two: Lake Nakuru & Lake Solai
On this day we head out to drive out to Lake Nakuru National park for a morning park drive. Flanked by rocky escarpments, pockets of acacia forest, and at least one waterfall, the park is gorgeous year-round and is home to both black and white rhinos, lions, leopards, hippos, and endangered Rothschild’s giraffes.
After visiting the park we drive up the farmlands of Bahati for a scenic tour of Lake Solai. This small saltwater lake has grown over the last few years. After a tour of the lake if time allows head to the Menegai crater view point before returning to camp for dinner and overnight
Day Three: Chill at Camp & Departure
On this day spend the morning resting at camp. You can play board games or spend the morning on a hammock under the huge trees at the camp. After lunch return to Nairobi to arrive late in the afternoon to end the amazing tour of the Rift Valley.
What to Carry
- Proper Comfortable Closed outdoor Attire
- Shawl for the colder evenings.
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Sandals for the camp
- Sleeping Bag/ Duvet
- Enough Snacks, Water, Drinks, and Beverages:
- Mkeka hat/ sunscreen/ Sunglasses
- Warm Jacket
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Identification card / Passport for the park.
- Tips for the guides, crew, and drivers
Citizens & residents KES 14,800
Non-Residents KES 18,800
Citizens & residents KES 12,800
Non-Residents KES 16,800
PS: For Kids Group Rates/Family Package Contact us on 0729 995059.
- Camping at Malewa Camp for 2 nights
- Return transport from Nairobi for Non-Self Drives
- Accommodation on Full Board Basis at Camp
- Camping Gear; Tents & Mattresses
- Lake Nakuru & Lake Solai Tour
- Malewa Gorge Excursion
- Statutory park fees
- Team Fun Games Facilitation
- Tour Guiding
- Rope Course; Kes.1,500 Per Person
- En-route lunch and drinks at designated stops on the last day.
- Personal items as listed above
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Tips for Guides
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
That time of the year to escape Nairobi for the Easter Holidays and explore Nakuru County. Visit one of the Rift Valley soda lakes in Lake Nakuru National Park with a stay at Malewa Camp. The Camp is set in a natural setting with beautiful walking trails and comfortable facilities that give you a glamping camping experience.