NyegeNyege Festival 2022
Dates: 15th – 18th September; 2022
Nyegenyege Festival is the greatest Music Festival in East Africa. The festival is hosted at a village on the shores of River Nile in Jinja, Uganda. Being the source of River Nile, this rumbling monster offers the perfect getaway for water sports amongst other exciting attractions. For this tour we shall camp at the adrenaline packed and safe adrift village as we tour Jinja and raft during the day and attend the festival in the evening.
Day 1: Nairobi to Jinja
Leave early from Nairobi via A104 to the Busia Border. After immigration and lunch at the border proceed to arrive early in the night in Jinja Kampala.
Overnight at Nile Explorers camp
Day 2: Jinja Rest and Adventure Day
Spend the Day exploring the Source of the Nile. If its in it for you take part in a full day rafting tour down the Grade V rapids of the Nile.
In the evening check in to the festival for a night of party.
Day 3: Festival
Spend the morning relaxing at the hotel. Later in the day head down to the festival for the final festival party. It will be a night to remember.
Day 4: Jinja to Nairobi
Rise up to breakfast at Camp. Break Camp and embark on our journey back to Nairobi passing by the western towns and the Great Rift Valley to arrive in the late evening. The trip ends with unforgettable memories of the NyegeNyege music festival.
What To Carry:
- Sleeping bag / Small Duvet to cover yourself
- Comfortable outdoor attire. Proper outdoor shoes.
- Sandals for camp
- Items of personal use (Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue, etc)
- Shawl/Jacket for the colder evenings
- Swimming costumes
- Drinks and Beverages:
- Sunhat/ sunscreen/Sunglasses
- Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the trip
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- International Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (Mandatory)
- Tips for crew
Kes. 19,500 per person
Ps. Discount applies to bookings done via the website
Book Now https://bucketlist.co.ke/shop/nyegenyege-festival-source-of-rivernile-run-2022/
- Return Trip transport in a comfortable Overland Truck
- 3 nights camping on per person sharing (Single Tent Supplement: Kes.1,000 Per night)
- Camping Gear(Tents & Mattress) – Bring own sleeping bag/ Warm Shuka to cover yourself.
- Meals on Half Board
- Visit Source of River Nile
Room Upgrade Options (Per Night)
Single room (one bed)
Kes. 4400 per night
Twin room (two beds)
Kes. 7500 per night
Big room (three beds)
Kes. 9400 per night
- NyegeNyege Festival Ticket
- Source of River Nile Run Ticket
- En route Lunches
- Drinking-Water, Drinks & refreshments
- Sleeping Bag/Duvet
- Rafting Tour and any other extra activities
- Visa fees for Non-East African Citizens.
- Medical and Travel Insurance
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Nyegenyege)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
At a glance
Nyegenyege Festival is the greatest Music Festival in East Africa. The festival is hosted at a village on the shores of the River Nile in Jinja, Uganda. Being the source of the River Nile, this rumbling monster offers the perfect getaway for water sports amongst other exciting attractions. For this tour, we shall camp at the adrenaline-packed Nile Explorers as we tour Jinja, raft during the day and attend the festival in the evening.
With different stages and a star studded line-up of over 300 musicians, you cannot afford to miss this music festival!