Olkaria Hills Hike & Spa
Available Dates: Group joining; 19th June 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Moderate 6hrs
Olkaria Hill is found on the western side of Hells Gate National park and rises to a dramatic 2434m above sea level. The hill is in a geothermal-rich zone with natural steam coming off the ground in a few places, a perfect place for natural steam and a sauna.
The hike takes you first to the fumaroles with hot steam from the ground coming naturally before attempting the hike to the hill. The trail is unbeaten and you should be well prepared with comfortable hiking bookings and long pants. The hike up is rewarding with sweeping views of the park below and the steaming power plants of Olkaria on the horizon. From the summit, the views of Lake Naivasha, Oloiden, and as far as the Suswa plains are breathtaking. After the descent, we head to the Geothermal Olkaria spa pool for a relaxing swim and lunch before heading back to Nairobi.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Swimming Costume/ Change of clothes
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package – KES 3,690
Self Drive – KES 2,750
Kids Below 12yrs – KES 2,770
Residents/ Non Residents – Contact our reservations team on 0729 995059
- Citizen Park Entrance Fees & parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Swimming Fees
- Non-Resident & Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
A day hike departing from Nairobi to Olkaria Hills in Hells Gate National Park Naivasha. The trail takes you first to the fumaroles with hot steam from the ground coming naturally before attempting the hike to the hill.The trail is unbeaten and you should be well prepared with comfortable hiking bookings and long pants.