Ragia Forest & Caves Hike
Available Dates: 27th August, 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: 17 km Moderate Trail
Trekking Time: 6 hours Including rests & stops at scenic points
The Ragia Circuit starts at Sasumua Dam through Chinas Camp Gate. It then proceeds deep into the Bamboo Forest following elephant trails and makes a sharp ascent before heading down to Sasumua River, home to a magnificent waterfall called No 18. From the waterfall, the trail leads to an easy terrain before another sharp descent that leads to a cascading waterfall and famous Mau Mau cave where Mau Mau Generals like Field Marshal Dedan Kimathi and General China used to hide. We will walk back to the start on a scenic forest trail.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back.
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 1,980
Full Package with Transport – KES 3,450
Ps. Discount applied to bookings done via the website before 24th Aug
Book Now https://bucketlist.co.ke/shop/ragia-forestnfalls-hike/
- Citizen/Resident Forest Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guide fees
- Non Resident forest entry fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
At a glance
This trail leads you through a Bamboo Forest before heading to the famous Sasumua River, home to a magnificent waterfall. An easy terrain then follows that leads you to another cascading fall and the caves.