Ragia Forest & Caves Hike
Available Dates: 5th Feb, 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: 17 km Moderate Trail
Trekking Time: 6 hours Including rests & stops at scenic points
The Ragia Circuit starts at Sasumua Dam through Chinas Camp Gate. It then proceeds deep into the Bamboo Forest following elephant trails and makes a sharp ascent before heading down to Sasumua River, home to a magnificent waterfall called No 18. From the waterfall, the trail leads to an easy terrain before another sharp descent that leads to a cascading waterfall and famous Mau Mau cave where Mau Mau Generals like Field Marshal Dedan Kimathi and General China used to hide. We will walk back to the start on a scenic forest trail.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back.
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 2,600
Full Package with Transport – KES 3,650
- Citizen Forest Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guide fees
- Resident / Non Resident forest entry fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
This trail leads you through a Bamboo Forest before heading to the famous Sasumua River, home to a magnificent waterfall. An easy terrain then follows that leads you to another cascading fall and the caves.