Rurimueria Mauano Hike
Available Dates: 12th Feb
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: 14Km, Difficult Steep Terrain
Trekking Time: 8 – 9 hours
Rurimeria Hill forms one of the towering peaks of the Aberdares. Most noteworthy it stands tall at 12,670 ft which makes it higher than Elephant hill and only 200 feet from the famous Kinangop. Considered one of the toughest days climbs in the Aberdares it is a trek for a tough hiker.
Head out early at 0400hrs to arrive at Geta Bush in the early am. Directly from the town, a wide path leads to the foot of the hill. The path leads up the forest to Bamboo and heather zones to reach the moorland. The route then follows a wide arch around the valley with a few false summits before reaching the summit on the long ridge to the east. The hike then heads North towards Table Mountain before coming down at Kwa Matu. The trail is unbeaten so dress appropriately.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package – Kes.3,580
Self Drive – Kes. 2,480
- Citizen Park Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Resident/Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
This hike takes you through the towering peak of Aberdares. The hill is considered the third highest in the Aberdare Ranges rising to an elevation of 3,860m asl. It is the best Mt. Kenya preparation Hike.