Rusinga, Mfangano & Takawiri Islands Tour
10th – 13th December 2021
Lake Victoria | Rusinga Island | Mfangano Island | Mbita | Gwassi Hills | Takawiri Islands
Nairobi, Kiambu,Homa Bay, Migori, Kisii, Nyamira, Bomet, Narok
Day 1: Nairobi to Mbita Via Kisii
Leaving the city behind we drive west to the Great rift Valley passing the beautiful counties along the way. Our lunch stop will be at Kisii before proceeding to Mbita right by the lake. It is interesting to see how blue and clean the water of the lake is on this side of town.
Camping at Victoria Sands Lodge
Day 2: Run/Cycle/Soft Life Day
On this day you choose between running, cycling tour, or opt to have a sunrise hike at Gwassi Hill. You could also spend your day chilling by the lake enjoying a swim. The cycling tour will feature the beautiful new roads that go around Homabay County while the run will focus on the Island. Later on, Converge for a swim and party at a nearby lodge.
Camping at Victoria Sands Lodge
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch at the lodge, Dinner
Day 3: Mfangano, Rusinga, Takawiri Island Hoping Tour
On this day sail across to Takawiri Island, the white sandy beach, the cool breeze from palm trees, and the blue waters are to die for. We then sail to Mfangano Island. This unique island with a distinct hill is locally known as Sena. Enjoy a fish lunch at the Siambi resort before sailing back to Rusinga Island. A historical trip down to Tom Mboya’s mausoleum is a great way to end the day. Later on, enjoy the watersports at the lodge or head out to the beach in Mbita for a swim. It’s the perfect day to rest after an eventful trip.
Camping at Rusinga Island Lodge
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Day 4: Lake Simbi Nyaima to Nairobi
In the morning after breakfast, we drive to Lake Simbi Nyaima a small lake near Kendu Bay. After enjoying the mythical story of the woman who turned a village into a lake enjoy lunch at the nearby town. We return to Nairobi via the scenic route through the tea farms of Nyamira, Bomet, and the wheat fields of Narok to arrive in Nairobi early in the evening.
What To Carry:
- Shawl for the colder evenings.
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Proper Comfortable outdoor Shoes
- Swimming costumes
- Drinks and Beverages: We have Sundowners so carry adequate drinks to contribute.
- Sunhat/ sunscreen/Sunglasses
- Warm Jacket
- Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies to last the trip
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Identification card for the park.
- Tip for crew and guides
- Sleeping Bag – contact for hire
Full Package – Kes. 17,800
Self Drive – Kes. 13,150
- Transport for non Selfdrives
- Meals on safari
- 3Nights Camping Accommodation on per person sharing(room upgrades available)
- Camping Gear ie Tent & Mattresses
- Lake Simbi Nyaima Tour
- Logistics of transporting Bikes
- Guiding Fees
- Selected Enroute Lunches
- Rusinga, Mfangano & Takawiri Islands Boat Tour with Fish Lunch (Kes. 2000)
- Gwassi Hill Hike(Kes.1,000)
- Tom Mboya Mausoleum Tour (kes.500)
- Swimming (Kes.500)
- Extra Activities (Speed Boat, Watersports, etc)
- Bikes. Please bring your own bike.
- Drinking-Water and Drinks
- Sleeping Bag/Light Duvet/Bedding (Hiring available)
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Personal items as listed above
- Single Tent Supplement – Kes. 1,000 per night
Available Room Upgrades
Option 1: Victoria Sands Lodge
Single Room: kes. 4,800
Double Room: kes. 5,800
Option 2: Rusinga Island Lodge
Single Room: kes. 10,500
Double Room: kes. 13,500
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Rusinga)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: