Samatian Island Takeover
Available Dates: 23rd – 25th June | 27th to 29th August | Any private Dates upon Request
About Samatian Island
The small and exclusive Samatian is set on a private Island on Lake Baringo in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley. With its breath-taking views across the waters of the lake to the imposing backdrop of the Laikipia Escarpment, the island offers the perfect getaway. The beauty of Baringo is legendary, with its spectacular sunsets, a dazzling array of birdlife, and the Njemps fishermen continuing a traditional lifestyle. Lake Baringo is also a Ramsar site, having been recognized internationally as a vitally important wetland. Samatian Island offers guests the ultimate relaxation in magical surroundings.
- Scenic Boat Rides
- Canoe around the island
- Nature & bird walks on the Island
- Cultural visit to the Local Njemps
- Giraffe Island Tour
- Sundowners at the beach with bonfire & game night
Day 1: Nairobi – Baringo
Early morning departure and drive down to Nakuru and onwards to Baringo. Park our vehicles at a designated safe property and take a boat ride across the waters. Check into the island and enjoy lunch on arrival. Head out to Giraffe Island for a short walk around the conservancy. Return to the island for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Island Tour
After breakfast head out on a tour of main island Ol- Kokwe. Spend time at the luxurious Island camp enjoying a drink and a swim before returning back to the Samatian Island for lunch, afternoon games, and chill time. Enjoy a beautiful sundowner at the beach. Dinner and overnight stay follow.
Final dinner and barbeque at the island that night.
Day 3: Lake Baringo – Nairobi
Early morning breakfast, check out and sail across back to the mainland for our journey back. Enjoy an en-route lunch stopover at one of the restaurants on the way. Arrive in Nairobi in the evening with great memories of the fascinating Samatian Island.
What to Carry
- Warm Shawl/ Jacket for the cold evenings and mornings
- Proper Comfortable Closed outdoor Shoes and Sandals
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Swimming costume
- Adequate Water, Drinks & Beverages for Sundowners
- Mkeka hat/ sunscreen/ Sunglasses
- Power Bank/Headlamp/Torch with good batteries
- Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies, etc
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Identification card / Passport: Must
- Tips for the guides, crew, and drivers
Full Package Package: KES 29,200
Self Drive: KES 23,200
- Round Trip Transport for Non-Selfdrives
- 2nights Accommodation
- All Meals at the Island
- Island Fees
- Boat Transfer to the Island
- Personal items as listed above
- Select enroute Lunches as per itinerary
- Cultural Village visits
- Boat Riding
- Giraffe Island Tour and Ol Kokwe Island Tour
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Tips for Guides, Drivers, & Crew
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
This Island tour falls on your bucket list for a few reasons! The island will be exclusively yours during your stay. The small and exclusive Samatian is set on a private Island on Lake Baringo in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley. With its breath-taking views across the waters of the lake to the imposing backdrop of the Laikipia Escarpment, the island offers the perfect getaway. The beauty of Baringo is legendary, with its spectacular sunsets, a dazzling array of birdlife, and the Njemps fishermen continuing a traditional lifestyle.