Sleeping Warrior and Ugali Hill Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 15th Jan 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Difficult 21Km
Sleeping Warrior is nestled at the foot of the Great Rift Valley and resembles a man lying on his back hence the name. The hike starts with a trek along the shores of Lake Elementaita and if early enough you may pass by the nearby hot springs. A walk around the shore suddenly brings to view the amazing hill to your eyes. The climb takes us through Sleeping Warrior – a sharp ascent to the nose (the peak) which provides a beautiful view of the lake and the caldera before descending towards the Eastern side to attempt the second – Ugali Hill. The hill is steep as per its name and provides scenic views of the nearby Lake Elementaita and the beautiful landscape. The trail then descends to lead towards a dirt road that leads to the ending point.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full package – Kes. 3,880
Self Drive – Kes. 2,450
- Citizen Park Entry Fees
- Transport cost for non selfdrive
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Resident/Non-Resident Park Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.