Table Mountain, 7 Ponds to Rurimueria Mauano Traverse
Available Dates: Group joining; 21st August, 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: 20Km, Difficult Steep Terrain
The Northern moorlands of the Aberdares present one of the most scenic and dramatic mountain terrains in Kenya. The range provides the perfect preparation hikes for bigger mountains.
The trail begins at Kwa Matu Centre and after crossing a river begins climbing steeply up barely a kilometer into the hike.
The upper reaches lead on to beautiful craggy rock ridges before giving way to moorland famous for the bog or tussock grass. The ridge becomes gradual in the moorland before leading up the last climb to Table Mountain on the upper reaches.
After table mountain, the trailheads are on a flat continuous ridge towards 7 ponds, a group of 7 small tarns that keep water for the animals when the mountain dries up.
From 7 ponds the trail follows buffalo tracks to the distinct tooth-like ridge that is the Rurimueria summit. After achieving the second summit of the day the trail then descends rapidly towards Geta Bush where the driver will be waiting for you rounding up your 20km Hike.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package with Transport – KES 3,980
- Citizen Park Entrance Fees/parking fees
- Round Trip Transport
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Resident/Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
The trail begins at Kwa Matu Centre and after crossing a river begins climbing steeply up to Table Mountain. After table mountain, the trailheads are on a flat continuous ridge towards 7 ponds, a group of 7 small tarns that keep water for the animals when the mountain dries up. From 7 ponds the trail follows buffalo tracks to the distinct tooth-like ridge that is the Rurimueria summit.