Explore Taita Taveta
Available Dates: 29th May – 1st June
About Taita Taveta
Taita Taveta County is one of the last remaining real Kenyan wilderness areas. The county is unique in that 62% of its total area is part of the Tsavo East and West. It is one of the largest national parks in the world. This adventure will take you across Tsavo West National Park and the adjacent Lumo Wildlife & Taita Conservancy.
Day 1: Nairobi to Lions Bluff
Meet with our adventure crew at the designated pick-up point in Nairobi CBD at 0500hrs for departure. Drive south on A109 with a rest stop at Emali/ Tsavo.At Voi Town join the Taveta road and drive to Lumo Wildlife conservancy our stay for the next few days. Enjoy an evening game drive and sundowner at the conservancy.
Day 2: Lake Jipe & Lake Chala
On this day we explore the twin lakes of Jipe and Chala. These two lakes are right on the border of Kenya and Tanzania. At Lake Jipe you can see the animals come to drink and refresh from the sweltering heat. Lake Chala will be a pleasant delight for an afternoon swim. The crater lake draws water from the peaks of Kilimanjaro via an underground river and is perfect for a lazy afternoon chill. Return to camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Taita Hills (Vuria/Iyale)
Today we drive up to the hilly villages that are part of the eastern arc mountains. Vuria hills a misty range is our priority for the day. The hike up to the summit weaves through farms and villages of the Taita before stepping into a beautiful forest. It’s a perfect day out in nature. If you do not fancy the long day hike, a walk in the villages will be a refreshing way to spend the day.
Day 4: Return to Nairobi
On this day return to Nairobi after an early morning game drive. The trip ends with great memories.
What to Carry
- Warm Shawl/ Jacket for the cold evenings and mornings
- Proper Comfortable Closed outdoor Shoes and Sandals
- Toiletries(Towel, Soap, Tooth Brush, toothpaste, Tissue)
- Adequate Water, Drinks & Beverages
- Mkeka hat/ sunscreen/ Sunglasses
- Power Bank/Headlamp/Torch with good batteries
- Swimming Costume
- Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies, etc
- Identification card / Passport: Must
- Tips for the guides, crew, and drivers
Self Drive – Kes.13,400
Full Package – Kes. 23,000
Self Drive – Kes.22,000
Full Package – Kes. 32,400
Self Drive – Kes.28,400
Full Package – Kes. 38,000
- Round Trip Transport for Non-Selfdrives
- 3nights Accommodation
- Meals on Safari
- Park Entry Fees
- Game drives as per the itinerary
- Lake Chala & Jipe tour
- Personal items as listed above
- Non-Residents Park Entry Fees
- Select enroute Lunches
- Cultural Village visits
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Tips for Guides, Drivers, & Crew
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Trip Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
This adventure tour takes you to Taita Taveta County a host to one of the largest national parks in Kenya. Enjoy game drives at Lumo wildlife conservancy, explore Lake Chala & Jipe, and a moderate hike up the famous Taita Hills. You can also opt to visit Iyale villages for some cultural experiences.