Thogoto Forest Hike Hike
Available Dates: Group joining; 27th March 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Pleasant 15Km Forest Walk
This pleasant trail in the forest takes you through the forest of Thogoto. The trail follows a beautiful remaining section of the indigenous forest with some great attractions to enjoy. We will follow a trail that has been newly created by our team that takes you to the source of River Gatwe an important water supply line for Dagoretti residents. The longer trail takes you from this end to Ngong before returning to the start point.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots/trainers with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 1,650
Full Package with Transport – KES 2,350
Kids Below 12yrs – 80% of adult rate
- Forest Entry Fee & parking fees
- Community fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive
- Hiking Charges
- Guide fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.