Zaina Forest & Falls Hike
Available Date: 16th July 2022
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Zania Falls is located at the foot of Makanga Valley in Zaina Forest in the central highlands of Kenya in Nyeri county. It is one of the most epic natural scenery and tourist attraction in the county. This hidden treasure sandwiched between two ranges along the Zania River Valley and can only be unveiled by trekking through the indigenous Zaina Forest. The forest is also part of the expansive Aberdare ranges.
The trail takes you through steep slopes, natural flora and fauna with beautiful water springs oozing from the rocks to a viewpoint where the 100m long waterfall drop can be seen. The trail then descends to the base of the waterfall through a bushy terrain. A long-sleeved hiking T-shirt and long pants are recommended.
Refresh yourself with a relaxing swim before returning to the start point via a shorter route.
What To Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Swimming Costume
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Full Package with Transport – KES 3,600
Self Drive – Kes. 2,300
Ps. Discounts applied to bookings done via the website
Book Now https://bucketlist.co.ke/shop/zaina-forest-falls-hike/
- Citizen/Residents Forest Entry Fees
- Community Forest Association Fees
- Transport for Non self-drives
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Non-Residents Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below: