Eburu Forest Hike; Eastern Summit Trail
Available Dates: Group joining; 27th November 2021
Private Package: Any day of your choice
Grading: Moderate,7-8hrs; 18Km
Eburu Forest is a prime indigenous forest that overlooks Lake Naivasha to the south, Lake Elementaita to the North, and Lake Nakuru to the North West. The forest is nestled within the folds of a geologically active volcanic mountain, whose highest peak, Ol Doinyo Eburu, stands 2,820 meters above sea level.
The hike starts at Central block at the main gate and into the thick dry upland forest up and down scenic valleys. Hiking further into the forest the vegetation changes to the highland montane forest which leads to a valley of nettles before making a sharp ascent to a more flattened ridge. After the ridge, the trail leads you into another valley with a crystal clear stream running southwards. It is at this point you make another sharp ascent leading you to the top of the ridge to form the last stretch of your trek. The descent to the start point is through 3 scenic ridges.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended.
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 4 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: Must
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
Self-Drive – KES 2,270
With Transport – KES 3,450
- Citizens Park Forest Entrance Fees
- Transport Costs for Non-self-drive & parking fees
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Park Entry Fees for Residents(kes.400) and Non-Residents (kes. 2,000)
- Tips for Guides
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Hike Title)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
Booking Terms & Conditions
All our adventure bookings are subject to Bucketlist Adventures Booking policy as outlined on the link below:
Protocols on Covid -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle.
- Our buses and vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch.
At a glance
Join this Exciting Expedition with a team of Adventure lovers. This trail takes you through Eburu hills’ natural ecosystem of steep hills, deep valleys, and rolling foothills of Mount Eburu. The hill is well known for its conserved tropical rainforest that is enriched with different bird and tree species.