Eburu Forest Hike;EasternSummit Trail
Available Date: 27th May 2023 | Any other private day
Grading: Moderate(10kms) Difficult(18kms)
Eburu Forest is a prime indigenous forest that overlooks Lake Naivasha to the south, Lake Elementaita to the North, and Lake Nakuru to the North West. The forest is nestled within the folds of a geologically active volcanic mountain, whose highest peak, Ol Doinyo Eburu, stands 2,820 meters above sea level.
The hike starts at Central block at the main gate and into the thick dry upland forest up and down scenic valleys. Hiking further into the forest the vegetation changes to the highland montane forest which leads to a valley of nettles before making a sharp ascent to a more flattened ridge. After the ridge, the trail leads you into another valley with a crystal clear stream running southwards. It is at this point you make another sharp ascent leading you to the top of the ridge to form the last stretch of your trek. The descent to the start point is through 3 scenic ridges.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots/Shoes.
- Long Pants and Long sleeved top/light jacket recommended
- Plenty of drinking water 2-3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Snacks, Fruits, Drinks to last the hike
- Rain Gear in case it rains
- An identification card or passport
Full Package – Kes. 3450
Self Drive – Kes. 2000
- Citizen/Resident Forest Entry Fees
- Return trip transport for the full package
- Hiking Charges
- Guides Fee
- Security Ranger
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Transport costs for Self-drive
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Eburu)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
All Booking Terms and Conditions apply