Kieni Forest Hike
Available Date: 14th Jan 2023 | Any other private day
Grading: 12km Moderate Trail.
Located in the southern Aberdares forest, Kieni forest has some unbeaten trails through the dense indigenous forest that leads to 3 spectacular waterfalls.
We begin the hike at a Community resource center from where the trail heads into lush tea plantations before descending into the well conserved indigenous forest. The walk through the tea plantation is stunning. The dense indigenous forest provides a cool quiet environment as you get to learn the history of the area, flora, and fauna from our informative guides. The trail follows a forest loop that is easily covered in approximately 4-5hours.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots/Shoes.
- Long Pants and Long sleeved top/light jacket recommended
- Plenty of drinking water 2-3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Snacks, Fruits, Drinks to last the hike
- Rain Gear in case it rains
- An identification card or passport
Full Package – Kes. 3,000
Self Drive – Kes. 1,950
- Citizen/Resident Forest Entry Fees
- Return trip transport for the full package
- Hiking Charges
- Guides Fee
- Security Ranger
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Transport costs for Self-drive
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-kieni)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
All Booking Terms and Conditions apply